Parents and Friends
The Parents and Friends Federation of Western Australia (PFFWA) is the peak parent body representing parents of children at Catholic schools in WA.
The PFFWA provides parents and families with a powerful, independent voice to speak on behalf of children in our schools, working collaboratively with school communities to help every child achieve their full potential.
The PFFWA acts as an umbrella body for individual Parents and Friends Associations within all Catholic Education Western Australia schools and represents parents on a range of national and local bodies.
A number of services and resources are available to assist associations in becoming strong and vibrant parts of their school and parish community, including the following:
- providing advice on good governance and process, particularly in relation to office bearers’ roles, constitutions and Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission compliance
- acting as an official body for grant applications and providing information on how and where to obtain grants
- assisting with the effective running of Parents and Friends associations
- organising networking opportunities, including an annual conference
- hosting an annual dinner for Awards of Excellence in Building Positive School Community
- providing practical advice on parental involvement and engagement
- providing advice on friend-raising and fundraising initiatives
- loaning items for events (such as crockery, glassware, tablecloths, projectors).