From humble beginnings in 1843, Catholic schools in WA have inspired generations of students to make a positive impact on an ever-changing world.
Since 1986, Catholic Education Western Australia has been responsible for the strategic direction and mission of all our Catholic schools, serving almost one in five school-aged children in WA with a distinct educational framework that motivates students and staff to achieve their full potential.
As the executive and administrative arm of the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia (CECWA), Catholic Education Western Australia oversees the delivery of Catholic Education across the state, supporting the CECWA in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Bishops’ Mandate.
Catholic Education Western Australia’s offices are situated in West Leederville, in the former home of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd who from 1902, worked to support the social and educational needs of women and girls. The buildings and grounds are beautifully maintained, and the adjacent Chapel of St Michael the Archangel, built in 1938, is the focus of liturgical life for Catholic Education Western Australia staff.