La Salle College is a co-educational Catholic secondary school founded by the Lasallian Order in 1954 in the Swan Valley region catering for the educational, spiritual and pastoral needs of 1400 students in Years 7 – 12.
In its essence, a Lasallian school is not a book, a building or a programme. A Lasallian school is people, people who make the environment supportive of growth and who ‘touch hearts’. As Lasallians we live out our faith through the example we give.
The Lasallian school is founded upon four foundations:
- A strong sense of community
- A rich pastoral care system
- A nurturing spiritual environment
- A commitment to excellence
A Lasallian school is a Christian school in the Catholic tradition. The characteristics of a Lasallian school are;
- Respect for each student as a unique person.
- Spirit of community.
- A school of quality.
- A school that is Christian.
- Solidarity with the poor.
- Educators and administrators should be men and women of faith and zeal.
- A school organised around the principles of St John Baptist de La Salle.
Archdiocese of Perth