St Kieran Catholic Primary School was established in 1920 by the Sisters of Mercy to support the Catholic families in the Parish to pass on the faith and to provide a quality Catholic education.
The School was staffed by two Sisters of Mercy from West Perth. The sisters had to be driven to school for the first fortnight in a sulky. Later they made the journey by tram, “The Rattler” each day along Main Street.
There were 16 pupils on the first day, 60 by Easter, and 100 by December.
Archdiocese of Perth