St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a single stream co-educational primary school, with a current enrolment of 260 students from 3 Year Olds to Year 6, serving the parish community of Bunbury. St Mary’s offers an holistic education, embracing the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of all students.
The school caters for individual needs, offering literacy and numeracy support across all years. The use of Information Technology is integrated into the learning process and social/emotional programs are in place to support the development of resiliency and interpersonal skills.
Inter-house and inter-school competitions are held in athletics, swimming and winter sports, and the students have the opportunity to participate in music and performing arts competitions.
St Mary’s has developed a strong sense of community where school, parents and the parish work together to provide for the needs of students. There is strong parental involvement in the life of the school.
The model of education offered at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is founded on Gospel Values and encourages students to aspire to our Motto – Respect, Faith Courage – in all facets of their lives.
St Mary’s, in partnership with the Parish, is a community focusing on the development of Faith, enhancing the dignity of the individual and fostering the seeking of truth.
Our school community strives to achieve the full potential of excellence, valuing individual differences as gifts from God.
St Mary’s strives to:
- Provide a Catholic Education where Christian ideals are valued and promoted
- Create a community which is loving and concerned for all in their uniqueness
- Provide an open and just community in which the individual is heard and respected and where their capabilities are accepted
- Develop the full potential of each individual – spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional
- Encourage the ideal of the pursuit of excellence and a realisation of personal talents
Diocese of Bunbury